How to fight the flu
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends a yearly flu shot for everyone 6 months old and older. Flu shots have important benefits. They can reduce flu illness and doctors’ visits, and prevent flu-related visits to hospitals.
Prestige Health Choice offers flu shots at no cost through your primary care provider (PCP) or a network pharmacy. To find a network pharmacy, visit our online provider directory or call Member Services toll-free at 1-855-355-9800 (TTY 1-855-358-5856), 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Take action to fight flu
Contact your PCP for more information on medicines that can help you. Take flu medicine if your PCP prescribes it.
- If you are at high risk for flu complications, you should contact your PCP. People at high risk include:
- Children younger than 5 years old, and especially children younger than 2 years old.
- Adults 65 years old and older.
- Pregnant women.
- Women up to two weeks after giving birth.
- Residents of nursing homes and long-term care facilities.
- Even if you have gotten your flu shot this season, if you are at high risk, contact your PCP.
Take steps to help prevent the spread of germs.
- If possible, try to avoid close contact with sick people. If you do get sick, limit contact with others as much as possible. This can keep them from getting sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds each time. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer. Also, clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs like flu.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread this way. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
Remember: It’s not too late to get a flu shot!
There is still time to get protected from the flu. Ask your PCP about getting your flu shot.
If you have questions, please call Member Services toll-free at 1-855-355-9800 (TTY 1-855-358-5856).